Enrico.s. Ingham, Queensland


I have needed a new place to dine out for a while, rather than going 100 km down the road to Townsville to get some good restaurant food. I had see that this local restaurant "Enrico's", which has been open for a little while, but was not open on my nights off work, was now open longer hours. So off I wandered to have a try.

Enrico's is located at the TYTO wetlands precinct in Ingham, north Queensland, so is brilliantly located over-looking the wetlands, which is nice at lunch  time but at night there's not much to see. Still it does give the place a nice ambience and the walls are  sliding glass which makes the place more open.

The menu is a good size and the dishes sound appetising, making me think I would have to try something else next time.

I chose an olive bread and a braised lamb shank and for drink a Peroni and a glass  Cabernet Sauvignon.

The bread is made on the premises and came out with olive oil and balsamic reduction and dukkah. All very nice and washed down with the cold Peroni.

The lamb shank was great! One of the best tasting shanks I have ever had. It came with roasted vegetables, parsnip puree and an awesome jus. Garnished with parsnip chips. A nice glass of Cab-Sav to go with it and it was a perfect meal.

I did hear when they first opened the service was slow but that was not the case on the night I went, even though  they had a few large tables in.

Next time I might try the duck confit or the mussels. The prices for the quality are quite reasonable too.

look them on facebook : https://web.facebook.com/Enricos-1706603462984834/?_rdc=1&_rdr


Comments